Watched Amelie again. Made me want to speak French; take the train to Paris; try a pixie bob; get a tiny red flat with windows peering into any European capital city; visit a photobooth; ride a motorscooter; start a scrapbook; set up a scavenger hunt; befriend an airline attendant; affectionately knead almost-ripe fruits and vegetables; fall in love. Then, tackle a more probable task...
- Thumbing through her own passport
- Waking up one minute before the alarm
- Making conversation with cab drivers
- Finding dogeared postcards in the mailbox
- Dining with a friend who would also like to eat one half of two meals
- The feel of wet hair on the nape of her neck
- Overhearing redundancies like "9 a.m. in the morning"
- Accidentally chewing the stringy bits of oranges or bananas
- The military click of high heels on tile floors
- Losing buttons from cardigans